I am a huge fan of pizza. If you follow me on my other mommy related blog Inspired Housewife I have several recipes for pizza over there. Pizza one of my favorite cheat meals, but because I am more mindful of what I am putting into my body these days I try to make my favorite meals healthier. This particular cauliflower crust pizza recipe is grain and gluten free. This recipe is also friendly for my auto-immune disorder Hashtimotos Thyroiditis, with this disorder I am not supposed to have gluten and be limited in grains.
A Healthy Alternative to Pizza
- 3 Cups cooked cauliflower (Riced in your food processor or blender)
- 3 Eggs, whipped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 3 Teaspoons, Minced Garlic
- sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- Toppings must be pre-cooked:
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 handful of organic spinach
- 1 Cup Mozzarella and Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 24 oz Jar of spaghetti sauce salt free and organic
- Any topping you might like to add, however your toppings need to be pre-cooked as the pizza is only put back into the oven to melt the cheese.
- Pre-heat Oven to 450 degrees
- If you have a pizza pan like me I laid parchment or cooking paper on the pan to lay the crust on or cookie sheet, but first use a non-stick spray.
- Take your head of cauliflower and steam until you can stick a fork into the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into pieces and place in your food processor or blender to be riced. The cauliflower should look like grain when you are done pulsing it. If you do not have a food processor or blender then use your cheese grater to rice your cauliflower or mash with a fork.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked cauliflower, eggs, yogurt, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and minced garlic. Once these ingredients are thoroughly mixed take your parchment paper covered pizza pan or spray coated cookie sheet and scoop out the mixture onto it. Use your hands to press the mixture about a quarter to half inch thick in the shape of a circle.
- If you make your crust too thin the pizza crust will not hold together and will fall apart.
- Place pan in the oven for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- While your crust is cooking saute in olive oil your onion and bell pepper.
- Remove crust from oven and cover with sauce and the 2 cups of cheeses, with the spinach, and pre-cooked onion and bell pepper.
- Place the pizza back into the oven and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Day Fix Portions for 1 slice of a regular size of pizza: 1 green, 1 teaspoon oil, 1 blue containers
This cauliflower crust pizza recipe is healthy, packed with veggies, and you can really do whatever you want with these kinds of pizzas. This recipe is 21 Day Fix approved. The 21 Day Fix is a fabulous fitness and clean eating program I have used with several clients helping people lose lots of weight and inches. To know more about that program click HERE.
Interested in getting healthy? Need a support system to actually press play and learn how to change your diet? As an on-line health and fitness coach I can help you! I connect people with in-home fitness programs that meet their needs and help create support along the way. Ready to make the change or want to talk about your goals click HERE.