I stared the 21 Day Fix Extreme about a week ago and I decided to follow the competition meal plan. I decided to do the competition meal plan for a few reasons one it is dairy free, it eats less grains and with my Hashimotos I wanted to see how my body reacted. I can tell a difference in my bloating, more definition in my core, and a boost of energy. I am only a week and a half into the program, but really love it.
A Heart Healthy Stew
One of the recipes approved for the competition meal plan in the 21 Day Fix Extreme is this hearty beef and butternut squash stew. I honestly do not eat much red meat, not had I ever had it paired in soup with butternut squash before, but I was highly impressed with the texture, the flavor and how filling it was.
I run private accountability groups to help you achieve your goals. Please contact me here.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1½ lbs raw lean beef stew meat, boneless, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beef is brown.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently , for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute
- Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cook, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 - 12 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork-tender.
- Remove bay leaf; serve topped with parsley.
- Twenty One (21) Day Fix Extreme a serving = 1 green 1 red
Interested in getting healthy? Need a support system to actually press play and learn how to change your diet? As an on-line health and fitness coach I can help you! I connect people with in-home fitness programs that meet their needs and help create support along the way. Ready to make the change or want to talk about your goals click HERE.