Are you ready to eat your heart out, with my healthy chicken black bean fajitas? I thought so and you are in for a treat because they are not only healthy, but this lunch or dinner meal is packed with flavor and 21 Day Fix inspired. One of the things I love about the 21 Day Fix is how SIMPLE it makes eating and how it takes the guess workout out of how much and what categories types of food to eat. I tend to be a carb lover and did not realize this was a huge problem until I started my first round of the Fix this past May.
A Healthy Bake Fajita Dinner
In this recipe I used black beans, but you can use whatever you have on hand like kidney beans. This recipe is naturally gluten and dairy free and is something your entire family can enjoy!
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts, fat trimmed off and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (color does not matter), sliced
- 1 black bean can 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 avocado to put on top (optional)
- 21 Day Fix - Smokey Southwestern Seasoning
- handful of organic spinach (you lay this on the bottom instead of using a tortilla )
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp garlic power
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take your chicken and trim off the fat cutting it into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Next slice your onion and bell pepper and place them in the same bowl as the chicken.
- Add in the minced garlic, and the 21 Day Fix Smokey Southwestern Seasoning to the mix.
- Use your oil to rub the bottom of a cookie sheet and mix all ingredients in the bowl until chicken and veggies are fully coated in seasoning.
- Place in your oven and it should be done in 30-35 minutes. You can check your chicken with a meat thermometer or cut to see if pink is gone.
- Place spinach on the bottom of the plate to use as you would your tortilla.
- Add avocado on top, but this is optional.
- *For a single serving of this recipe it uses 1 Green Container, 1 Red Container, 1 Blue Container, ½ Yellow Container and 1 teaspoon.*
*For a single serving of this recipe it uses 1 Green Container, 1 Red Container, 1 Blue Container and 1 teaspoon.*
What is the 21 Day Fix all about click HERE!
Are you looking to lose 10-15 pounds, eat cleaner, have accountability and support in a private group with ME as your coach?! Please message me or find me on Facebook and let’s make friends.