Do you ever have those moments where you open your fridge and wonder what to cook for your family? I do all the time. I was having one of those nights where I had a lot of veggies to use up and some left over chicken to use. After pulling everything I had out and surveying what I could make I realized I had enough on hand to make a chicken noodle soup except I wanted to make it grain free so I use a couple of my zucchinis to create zoodle noodles instead of using egg or regular noodles.
A Healthy Grain Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 32 fl oz of Organic Free Range chicken broth
- 3 medium cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stocks, sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized or sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a stock pot add in your oil and on medium heat sauté your onions, and garlic.
- Next throw in the carrots and celery stocks and cook five more minutes.
- Once veggies start to get soft pour in the chicken broth, added in the pre-cooked chicken, with the seasonings and salt.
- Simmer on low until veggies are soft.
- I add in my zucchini noodles the last 5-10 minutes so they do not become to soft.
- serving = 1 green container, ½ red container, 1 tsp - 21 Day Fix Portion Control System
This chicken noodle soup is healthy, gluten and grain free. It is a kid favorite in my house because they love zoodle noodles. This recipe is 21 Day Fix approved. The 21 Day Fix is a fabulous fitness and clean eating program I have used with several clients helping people lose lots of weight and inches. To know more about that program click HERE.
Interested in getting healthy? Need a support system to actually press play and learn how to change your diet? As an on-line health and fitness coach I can help you! I connect people with in-home fitness programs that meet their needs and help create support along the way. Ready to make the change or want to talk about your goals click HERE.